Friday, February 1, 2013

Now I Remember...

Now I remember why I get annoyed watching ESPN in the 2 weeks leading up to the Super Bowl.  I understand that with the extra week of coverage the good folks at ESPN might have to dig a little to come up with a story or a graphic.  I would like to take the next few minutes to chronicle the 3 most asinine moments I have seen on television this week.

3. Chris Culliver anti-gay remarks:  This one is more chalked up to the stupidity of one individual.  I bet this guy got some great grades in school--well spoken too.

“I don’t do the gay guys man. I don’t do that. No, we don’t got no gay people on the team, they gotta get up out of here if they do. Can’t be with that sweet stuff. Nah…can’t be…in the locker room man. Nah. Come out 10 years later after that.”



#2. Lardarius Webb.  I actually feel bad for Webb.  He seemed like a really nice guy and was nothing but polite throughout the whole interview addressing everyone as "sir" when he answered questions.  I was a bit surprised to hear this wish though.

#1. Harbaugh Tale of Tape:  While ESPN was not directly involved in creating either of these first two, they are most definitely responsible for the single worst graphic I have ever seen on the network.
Sure it would be great to work at ESPN, but how about the poor guy that had to watch this press conference and count how many times each of them smiled.  As he/she was reviewing the tape I wonder if at any point they had to call someone over to get confirmation on a 50/50 smile/smirk.

I think I can speak for everyone when I say I am ready for the game to get here.  Who knows though maybe there is someone out there who is super pumped for the 4 hour pregame show.  Early O/U on the name Ray Lewis being mentioned 57.5.




1 comment:

  1. haha that smile thing made me think of cashing out at the cage for a large amount and the window person has to yell "DOUBLE" to have someone confirm the exchange...if i was counting smiles, that's definitely how i'd do it

    ReplyDelete