Sunday, September 8, 2013

10 predictions for 2013

I did something like this a few years ago.  It was fun to read at the end of the year.

1.  Mike Vick  reemerges as a top 5 fantasy QB.  Sure he is a year older and a step slower but I really do believe this new offense will rejuvenate his career.  Keep in mind we are only 2 seasons removed from this gem.


2.  Larry Fitzgerald had exactly 0 catches over 40 yards last year, and only 2 catches over 30.  I find this hard to believe for one of the best jump ball guys of all time.  I think Carson gives Fitz a spark this year.  I am saying he triples his TD production this year which will get him to 12TDS.


3.  10th - Frank Gore (1212) / 3rd Marshawn Lynch (1590) / 2nd Alfred Morris (1610).  Quick what do all three of these runners have in common?................................That's right they played in spread offenses and all three of them finished in the top 10 in rushing yards--two of which finished in the top 3.  My bold prediction for this year is that none of these 3 RBs finish top 10 in rush yards this year.  I think the Redskins offense takes the biggest step back and "The Butler" rushes for 600 yards less than he did in 2012.

4.  Matt Stafford plays all 16 games.  He attempts 770 passes this season and ends the year with 5,555 yards to set the single season passing record.  The Lions win 6 games.


Good for you Matt.  Good for you.



5.  Quick---which NFL WR has had 1550+ receiving yard seasons 3 out of the past 5 years...if you said Andre Johnson then...

Lets not forgot that Andre has been known to get a little banged up.  My prediction that although he was drafted in the top 10 at his position in probably every league he will not finish in the top 20 at his position.  On the other hand....

6. I can't believe I didn't get my boy Cecil Shorts in any leagues.  The timing just never worked out.  Anyways I am saying Cecil finishes top 15 fantasy WR.

7.  I need a Dez Bryant prediction in here somewhere.  It has been no secret the tear he went on to finish the 2012 season.  Over his final 8 games he racked up 880 yards and 10 TD's.  I trust that you can multiply that X 2 to figure out what he could do over a full season.  20 TDs might be a bit much but I am going to say he leads the way in fantasy production for WR's in 2013.

8.  Enough WR predictions.  Let's talk about the bread and butter of fantasy football.  The running backs.  Anyone who knows anything about fantasy football knows that on average from year to year the top 10 Rb's from the previous year will have approximately 5 names repeat in the top 10 the following year.  This trend has been pretty consistent over the years.  So last years top 10.....
- Peterson
- Foster
- Dougie Martin
- Lynch
- Morris
- Rice
- Spiller
- Charles
- Ridley
- Gore
So when the smoke clears from this season you can bank on 5 of those names being back on the list again next year and the other 5 being somewhere outside the top 10.  Really a whole article could be dedicated to this sole prediction.
The 5 that stay...
Peterson
Foster
Lynch - I know I picked him to finish outside top 10 in rushing yards the he will score enough TD's to keep him top 10 total.
Spiller
Charles

The new blood
McCoy
Trent Richardson
Matt Forte
Steven Jackson
M.J.D

Ladies and Gentleman your top 10 rb's of 2013.


9.  I have seen quite a few Seahawk Superbowl predictions.  I hate to step right in line but I really do think its the best team that has the best home-field advantage in the league.  I think they win all their home-games this year.  They go 13-3 with losses coming against Houston upset special at the Rams and at SF in week 14.

10.  Lets get weird with the last one...Lets say Peyton Manning sets the all time record for TD passes in a single game with 7.  Guys with the last name Thomas will be on the business end of 4 of them / Wes Welker 2 of them and the brother of Reche "Headlights" Caldwell will score one as well.











































No comments:

Post a Comment