Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Super Bowl - Poll

Since 2005 I have done well picking Super Bowl winners against the spread.  The good news is the only game that I missed was Patriots vs Giants.  The bad news, that match up occurred twice since 05' and I was on the wrong side both times.  I just can't bring myself to bet against Belichick/Brady in the big game.  People who have--cashed in.

2001 NE 20 STL 17 line +14 ATS (W)
2003 NE 32 CAR 29 line -7 ATS (L)
2004 NE 24 PHI 21 line -7 ATS (L)
2007 NE 13 NYG 17 line -12 ATS (L)
2011 NE 17 NYG 21 line -3 ATS (L)

1-4 vs the spread in the big game has emptied the wallets of many Patriot fans.  Hopefully those Patriot fans were also Bama fans and had the extra dough to dump.
Belichick needs to take notes from this guy on how to cover a championship game spread
I am just going to assume that anyone reading this has at least a loose grasp idea of how a point-spread works when betting on sports.

Disclaimer: Betting on sports in an illegal activity unless otherwise done in Nevada and to a limited extent in Delaware, Montana, and Oregon.  When it comes to online betting there is some gray area but it can be said no person has ever been charged with a crime pertaining to using an online service to bet on sports.

I pay very little attention to politics.  I do not think I have ever actually engaged in a conversation regarding politics, but I have to say I think I would enjoy sitting down to a dinner with New Jersey Governor  Chris Christie.  Not because I want to talk about his stance on any political matter, but  judging by his stature I could easily convince him to eat at a Ponderosa.

It will be interesting to see how the poll turns out.  A strong case can made for either side in this game.  It is hard to go against a team that no weapon shall prosper against.

I want to get my thoughts out on Ray Lewis.  I can understand why people don't like him.  Yea, he has had 6 children with 4 different women, and yea, he was acquitted in a murder case. The big man upstairs can judge him on that.  I want to judge him on his 17 NFL seasons.  While statistically he has had a very productive career I am more intrigued with how he acts before, during, and after the game.  I won't argue with anyone who says, "Ray Lewis knows where the cameras and microphones are at."  I have no way of knowing and certainly can't prove it, but my feeling is that Ray Lewis acts the same exact way even when the spotlight isn't on him.  I was at the Ravens home opener this season on MNF and watching Ray Lewis during pregame was worth the price of admission.  Some of what he does is for show, but at the end of the day I do not think there are many in the NFL that care as much as Ray Lewis.

Remember to vote in the poll and if you are feeling ambitious drop a comment on why.


5 comments:

  1. watching that ray lewis post game interview seriously makes me want to break things...take that how you will

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea that particular interview would fall under the "doing it for show" category. He sounds like a sheep when he says nobaahhhdy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very BIG, black sheep at that! Seeing as I have received some insider info that over the holidays, Jim copied his brother John's playbook in light of a possible SB matchup between their respective teams, leads me to believe that a San FranSIXco Over bet will hit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always thought that Ed Reed effects the game more than Ray Lewis and I am clearly more drawn to his demeanor than the preacher. Don't get me wrong, Ray Ray is the top linebacker for the first decade of the 2000s, but in a pass happy league Reed enables that defense to excel against even the pass happiest of opponents.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Billy Barnwell says that the 9ers are gonna cover... guy knows his stuff.

    ReplyDelete