Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Rams

 Was just watching my typical Monday night television programming ie: WWE Monday Night Raw and heard this great quote...

"If you can't feed em--don't breed em"
-Zeb Colter

One more random thing...

 Here is some footage from Bobby Huxta's trip to Lake Raystown...








Vegas Odds: O/U 7.5 wins

I really think this is a team on the up.  I just wish 1/4 of their games weren't against the 49ers and Seahawks.  After glancing over their schedule I see them definitely being favored in the following:
week 1 vs Arizona
week 5 vs Jags
week 9 vs Titans
week 16 vs Bucs

Their other 4 home games are vs:
week 4 vs 49ers
week 8 vs Seahawks
week 12 vs Bears
week 15 vs Saints

Hard to predict what teams will look like that far down the road.  I could see the lines all being fairly tight in those 4 games but Rams will be dogs.

The road schedule isn't easy either:
week 2 @ Falcons
week 3 @Cowboys
week 6 @ Texans
week 7 @ Panthers
week 10 @ Colts
week 13 @ 49ers
week 14 @ Cardinals
week 17 @ Seahawks

Week 14 at Arizona would be the only week I could see them being favored.

At the ABSOLUTE MOST I could see them being favored in 7 games (add Chi/Saints/@Cardinals to the initial list of 4.  That is being very generous and I think 4-5 games would be more realistic.

Even with the brutally tough road schedule I am going to stick with my gut on this team.  I think they are on the rise and will win 8 games this year.

Tavon Austin - Here is a good stat:  Since 2005 (28) receivers have been drafted in the first round.  Exactly 1 receiver has eclipsed the 1,000 yard mark (AJ Green 2011).  It hasn't come any easier in the TD department as there has only been 1 to record 8+ touchdowns (Julio Jones 2011).  While those numbers don't exactly spell good news there is still hope for Tavon.

60/790/6 - That stat-line represents Percy Harvin's rookie season.  He also tacked on another 135 rushing bringing him to 925 total yards.  The Rams have said they are going to use Austin in a variety of ways.  He has already showed his ability as a punt returner and I would expect them to be getting the ball in his hands early and often.  I can't really picture the 170lb frame of Austin taking it between the tackles but I am sure they are going to find ways to get the ball in his hands

As history shows 1st round rookie receivers have not had much success, however; I think Tavon is a slightly different case because of his skill-set.  He is going to get his touches, whether it be quick screens or little flare passes.  If the Rams do decide to give him 2-3 touches a week out of the backfield that will only enhance his fantasy value.  I think the 925 yards that Harvin racked up in his rookie season is a decent ballpark for Tavon.  In mock drafts Tavon is currently the 31st WR being selected.  His upside certainly seems like fair value at that spot.



No comments:

Post a Comment