Monday, December 2, 2013

Week 13 Round Up

Another Sunday in the books.  After submerging myself in everything football for the past 12 hours I have a few things I want to get off my chest.

Random Thoughts

- Refs suck
- Andy Dalton won today, but will never win big
- I am glad Robbie Gold missed that 47 yard fg in overtime.  That is what Trestman gets for settling for that.
- Just think how happy the owner is who started the trio of Gordon / Jeffery / Decker
- Cam Newton is impossible to sack / stop at the goal line
- As predicted, Geno Smith is awful
- The Kool-Aid man (Andy Reid) handled the last 2:10 of that game very poorly.  How does your best player not get a single touch?
- The Colts don't impress me.  I am going to take a moment to pray daily that the Chiefs end up matched up with them Wild Card Weekend.  Ohhh I picture it already.  Colts 4th seed / Chiefs 5th seed.  Chiefs -3.5 @ Indy......all in.  Week 14 match up Colts @ Bengals will go a long way in deciding who is 3 and who is 4 seed.
- Seahawks are going to the Super Bowl. This isn't an overreaction the MNF beat down it was in my 10 predictions for 2013 and although many of those predictions are pretty awful looking this one is looking good (missed the losses, but was close on Rams / Texans.)  When the lights get bright in that stadium like they were tonight and early in the season vs SF they cannot be beat.
- The NFL helmet rule is stupid.  I get the safety aspect but the implementation is horrible.  The Bell play in the Steeler game at the goal line should have been a TD.  It really needs to be changed to a continuation of where the player lands if he is one his way to the ground.  I feel like I can be about as unbiased as possible when it came to that particular play as A. I bet on the Ravens and B. I do not own Bell in any leagues.
NFL Rules Committee: Please use this play as an example...
Selling 2 AFC Teams...

Sell: Indianapolis Colts -  I never thought I would say that a 51 year old WR is the difference between a team being good and average but I am going to say that is the case with the Reggie Wayne-less Indy Colts.  Since his injury:
W @ Texans 27-24
L vs Rams 8-38
W @ Titans 30-27
L vs Cardinals 11-40
W vs Titans 22-14
Nothing very impressive there.  Got blown out twice, beat Ryan Fitzpatrick twice, and got very lucky to beat a 2 win Texan's Team.

Sell: Cincinnati Bengals - They actually have the formula to win big by being able to run the ball, having AJ Green and playing tough defense.  Their run defense in the early part of the season was especially nasty, however; since the injury to the big stud Geno Atkins their front is not quite as formidable.  At the end of the day though if I have said it once I have said it 100 times this year.  Andy Dalton is terrible.  His stats make him look so much better than he actually is.  As an AJ Green owner since he has entered the league I have watched enough of Dalton to know what he really is.  After thinking about it for a minute the best description I can come up with is "a poor mans Joe Flacco."
Late and behind..perfect location for an out route

Doin work on the move outside the pocket
Dalton has the Bengals in a really tough situation because he has won games and taken them to playoffs in 2 of 3 seasons.  I am by no means a talent evaluator but through 3 years I have not seen anything that makes me think he can be anything more than a solid qb who will make a few splash plays each week as well as a few terrible ones...see above.  It could be worse Bengal fans, getting to watch your team lose wild card weekend is 1 more game than fans of 20 other teams get to watch.  Before I completely bury him I do want to leave myself an out just in case "The Poor Mans Joe Flacco" falls on a horse shoe in January -- after all Joe Flacco did win a Super Bowl last year.


No comments:

Post a Comment